Hey Beauties! What’s hotter than a little red dress? Not much. I’ve had an infatuation with the color red all season, and I just can’t enough of the perfect, red cocktail dress. I am a girl in love with color. You’ll notice that people around you react differently to the colors you wear. The color red speaks louder than words. No descriptions necessary. The color conveys confidence, attention, and desire. It is a color to wear, when you want to be noticed. Think of the red dress, as the little black dress’s cooler, fancier sister.
While on a search for the perfect cocktail dress for New Year’s Eve, I came upon the stunning ‘Summer Spotlight’ Knit Bandage Dress from French Connection. French Connection’s dresses always fit me like a glove. It’s amazing to have a brand I can count on and styles that I know will work for me. I’m always the same size, and the fit is both consistent and flattering. It’s important to find a brand that you really love, because several of their styles should look great on you. It makes shopping much easier. French Connection makes gorgeous bandage dresses. The colors are beautiful, and the silhouettes are sophisticated. They make for a fabulous party dress. I love the low cut V neckline, yet the dress also has short sleeves, to keep it a little more conservative. This dress could definitely be worn out to a dinner date, or a fancy party. The color of this dress is to die for. When I slipped into the dress I felt beautiful and confident. I’m telling you, the color red makes all the difference in the world.
To accessorize, I carried a silver envelope clutch by BCBG Maxazria (similar here), and the silver Imagine Sandals by Chinese Laundry. I wore a crystal encrusted bracelet (similar here), and crystal chandelier earrings (similar here). I also chose a bright red lip stain by Stila, which creates a bold, dramatic look when worn with a red dress.
To ring in the New Year, we shot these photos in the one and only, Times Square. As you know, this is where the famous, illuminated ball drops as we countdown to 2015.
In celebration of the New Year, and to help to you find your perfect New Year’s Eve dress, I’ve created a list of 10 red hot dresses for your upcoming New Year’s Eve soirees. I hope you find fabulous options that make you feel incredible. Cheers to 2015, Beauties! xo
- French Connection: ‘Summer Spotlight’ Knit Bandage Dress
- Crystal Bracelet: (similar here)
- Chandelier Earrings: (similar here)
- BCBG Maxazria: Envelope Clutch (similar here)
- Chinese Laundry: Imagine Sandals
- Stila: Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick (color, Fiery)
Featured Red Dresses
1. French Connection: ‘Summer Spotlight’ Knit Bandage Dress
2. Maggy London: Illusion Yoke Crepe Sheath Dress
3. Glamorous: Off the Shoulder Body-Con Dress
4. One by Contrarian: Babs Bibb Mini Dress
5. Zimmermann: Silk Curve Long Dress
6. BCBG: Maia Mesh-Top Pintuck Dress
7. BCBG Maxazria: Calinda One Shoulder Ruffle Dress
8. Bailey 44: 44 Down Beat Dress
9. Rachel Pally: Autumn Dress
10. Parker: Trina Dress