Team Sleepless in Sequins took a quick trip to Las Vegas last week for a photography conference right before New York Fashion Week. While in Vegas, we stayed at the fabulous Delano Hotel at Mandalay Bay, which recently opened. We originally fell in love with the Delano in Miami Beach, so we decided to check out the new hotel in Vegas, hoping for the same experience.
I was beyond impressed. The boutique hotel felt sleek, chic, and purely glamorous. The decor was modern and swanky. As I walked down the dark hallway, I walked passed a wall of gorgeous, glimmering mirrors. Even the scent of the place was incredible. The feeling in Vegas can be crazy and chaotic, however, this hotel felt luxurious, sophisticated, and peaceful at the same time. I fell in love with the decor, the cute coffee shop, swanky Franklin Bar, and the lovely dining options. White roses in perfect vases were displayed around the space as well.
The room we stayed in was a one bedroom suite. With beautiful white decor, a comfy couch, and a stunning tufted white and gold headboard above the bed, I knew this felt like home.
I crawled into the bed, and it was perfectly cozy. The linens felt soft and I woke up in the morning, loving my surroundings.
I spent my mornings, curled up in bed, with a cup of coffee, and a fashion magazine. It was important for me to brush up on the latest and greatest Fall fashion trends, before heading back to the Big Apple to take on New York’s Fashion Week.
My cozy, silky night shirt, is by Victoria’s Secret. I love the look of the soft pink and white signature stripes. The style feels comfortable and feminine. It also comes in a variety of prints. My glasses are by Paul Smith, and you can find similar styles here.
Awake, and ready to enjoy the Vegas sunshine, I stepped into the bathroom for my morning beauty ritual. I’ve pictured a few of my favorite products for you to check out.
- Ultra Facial Moisturizer: Kiehls – I love this moisturizer. It feels light on the face, and includes a sunscreen. Choosing skincare products with a sunscreen is always important to me.
- Eye Brow Gel: Anastasia of Beverly Hills – This gel brushes and holds my eyebrows in place throughout the day. I have to admit, I’m a sucker for their shiny silver packaging as well.
- Perfume: Valentina by Valentino – I bought this scent for our wedding, and use it only for special occasions.
- Bronzer: Tarte, Matte Amazonian Clay, color Park Avenue Princess – It makes me feel gorgeous, bronzed, and convinced that that it is summer year round.
- Blush: Nars – and the color is Gaity. I love it because it’s a sweet, baby doll pink.
- BB Beauty Balm: Dr. Jart – This cream is fabulous! I received it as a sample from Sephora one day, and I’ve used it ever since. I use it under my eyes, and around my cheeks as well. It feels light on my face, blends well, and looks great under my bronzer.
- Mascara: Mabelline Falsies in Black, waterproof – It lengthens and thickens at the same and stays all day.
- Nail Polish: Dior, color Junon – I love this bluish grey hue for Fall.
- Eyeliner: Sephora Collection retractable waterproof eye pencil in black.
- Eye Shadow: Urban Decay Naked Palette – I love the neutral shades of bronze, gold, browns, charcoals and black. There are so many options with this palette, and it takes me from a daytime to nighttime look with ease. I’ve been using this palette for as long as I can remember and I’d be lost without it.
- Lip Color: Yves Saint Laurent YSL carries my favorite lip colors. Their lip stains, glosses, and lipsticks are must-haves. I usually forget to reapply my lip color, so I love that these are long lasting, beautiful colors.
I felt beautified and glamorized, so I set out to start my day. My favorite mornings included breakfast at Bouchon Bakery at the Venetian Hotel. The food was pure heaven. We sat by the pool, next to a lovely fountain, while enjoying delicious cinnamon spiced doughnuts. I ordered fresh berries with cream, along with a baguette and Nutella as a special treat. I spent the rest of my day shopping, lounging, and enjoyed sun bathing at the pool.
I hope this gave you a little glimpse into my morning beauty routine, as well as a few of my favorite spots in Vegas. We’ll share a bit more from our trip, in our next post. We’d love to hear feed back from you, on your favorite products, places, and adventures!