Here’s what my morning routine consisted of during our tropical stay at the Four Seasons Maui. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. We had no agenda and made no plans. Generally in New York, I wake up in a state of panic, bolting off to work, the gym, or some other commitment I’ve made. I’m terrible at relaxation and I’m quickly bored by empty spaces and silence. I keep as busy as possible and that’s exactly the way I like it. I over plan, over commit, and over think absolutely everything in my life (I sound like a gem, huh?). However, during our stay in paradise, I didn’t care about any sort of a plan. I hardly worked out, and somehow I was ok with it all. In fact, I was more than ok with it…I loved it. It was a sense of relaxation that I’ve never felt in my life. I suppose it’s necessary to give your body a break from time to time. A little R & R was just what the doctor ordered.
Waking up in our lovely one bedroom suite at Four Seasons Maui, was so peaceful. The bed was comfy, room was beautiful, and it overlooked gardens, and fountains, as well as the ocean. We had our own private patio with lounge chairs, and once I crawled out of bed, I’d wander outside, lounge around, sip on coffee, and take in my incredible surroundings. I had no complaints. I’d get ready for our daily excursions or pool days in our fancy marble bathroom. As always I have a few of my favorite beauty products to share with you from the trip, which I’ve listed below.
We spent time splashing in the Serenity Pool (more on that post here), playing on the beach, and we discovered waterfalls while exploring the island in a shiny, red Jeep. I loved every single day. So beauties, I know I’ve extended our trip a bit, but I hope you’ve enjoyed the posts as much as we have. Check out some of my favorite beauty products below, and of course consider the Four Seasons Maui at Wailea for your next getaway. It’s pure paradise. xx
- Maile Organics: Organic Roll On Perfume Oil, Koke. I purchased this fragrance as a gift to myself from the trip. I always love to buy a new perfume from each of our vacations, because the scent always brings me back to the place we stayed.
- CND: VINYLUX Weekly Nail Polish, color Cake Pop. I’ve tried the Shellac, gel nail polish several times, however this was my first time trying VINYLUX. It is a weekly polish, with a special top coat that extends the wear of the polish. I was hesitant at first but pleasantly surprised. My manicure lasted approximately 9 whole days without chipping. My nails had been in sand, chlorine and salt water, and they completely stayed perfectly. I was shocked. I’ll be purchasing this polish in bulk from now on, and I highly recommend giving it a shot.
- Jergens: Natural Glow Instant Sun Moisturizing Lotion. This self tanner was a complete experiment for me. I received it from a Vogue event in the summer and quickly fell in love with it. It smells great (honestly!). Grant has no idea I’m even wearing it (until now), and it doesn’t leave streaks. I swear it’s fool proof, and the color builds over several days. Although on a beach vacation, I try to sit in the shade to protect my skin, and apply self tanner for color.
- Ardency Inn: Modster Long Play Lip Vinyl, color Club Mix. You may be aware of my obsession with lip stains. I can’t go anywhere without them. I’m horrible at re-applying makeup, especially lipstick. This product has lasting power and I loved it. The color I chose was incredibly bright, and perfect for our vacation, but there are many lovely shades for Fall as well. Check them out.
- Batiste: Dry Shampoo, color Light & Blonde. I’ll admit, I have not yet jumped on the dry shampoo band wagon. My theory is when you need to wash your hair, you should actually wash your hair. However, I feel in love with this specific dry shampoo, because of the hint of blonde color that it adds to my hair. If I have any roots, and my hair color is growing out I spray the dry shampoo, tousle it through the roots of my hair, and my color is lighter and brighter in an instant. It’s purely magical, and it comes in several other colors as well.
- Victoria’s Secret: Very Sexy Satin Kimono, color Guava