What sizzles in the summer, when the city heat is hard to beat? Cool, breezy, rooftop nights, am I right? If you’re a city dweller, like myself, backyard bbqs really don’t exist…since the majority of us don’t have backyards (with the exception of Central Park, which is obviously shared). If you’re not darting off to the Hamptons, or jet setting, on summer vaca, you’re probably lounging on a city rooftop during for your summer evening soiree.
There are so many fun, fancy rooftops that I love to swing by for a cocktail in the summer. A recent find, is La Piscine, at the top of Hotel Americano, in Chelsea. We popped by for their Summer Rooftop Series last week, and I fell in love with the city views, as well as the venue. I can’t wait to stop by to dine at the restaurant as well. Their Summer Series happens each Wednesday, and features a different creative artist, as well as dj.
For our night on the town, I chose a simple, black off the shoulder dress. It was an easy peezy look to pull off, and perfect for any occasion. If you are looking for a fun, fancy night in the city, make sure to check out summer evenings at La Piscine within Hotel Americano. For the rest of my favorite rooftop summer destinations, make sure to check out the list below. Cheers babes!
Featured NYC Rooftops
- La Piscine at Hotel Americano – gorgeous rooftop, city views, located in heart of Chelsea. This hot spot even has a rooftop pool; a true gem in NYC.
- Jimmy at the James Hotel- the rooftop views in the summer are spectacular. They’ve got a pool, which I’ve never seen anyone swim in, but it’s a fun spot to hang with friends, watch the sunset and sip cocktails.
- Mr. Purple – this is one trendy rooftop designation, that I’m looking to check out this summer.
- Gallow Green – located in the McKittrick Hotel, this is a fun roof top destination in the summer, for food and drinks.
- La Birreria: Another hot spot I want to hit this summer. Located on top of my favorite Italian city marketplace, Eataly, this rooftop beer garden, boasts of city view and delectable eats.
- Top of the Standard – the most gorgeous lounge I’ve been to in the city, and I’ll never forget it. Super tricky to get in but it’s divine, and the city views are worth it.
- STK Rooftop – located in the heart of the Meatpacking District, STK Rooftop has stunning city foods, fun sharable plates, endless champers, and unforgettable views over the water.
- Press Lounge at Ink 48 – gorgeous rooftop views of the city, and the river. Overlooks Times Square and is an easy midtown spot for drinks.
- Upstairs the Kimberly Hotel – I love this place, and we frequent this spot in the summer. They’ve got beautiful views, fun, sharable plates, and delicious drinks.
- Lulu’s: Off the Shoulder Bodycon Dress
- Kate Spade: “Licorice Too” Pumps
- Valentino: Sunglasses (similar here)
- Furla: Yoyo Crossbody Bag Set
- Crystal Drop Earrings: similar here
- YSL: ‘Pop Water’ Glossy Lip Stain