I’m talking about self love. That straight to the core, stare at yourself, sans makeup in the mirror, and respect yourself, kind of love. The kind of love that no one can change, and no one can give, accept for you. Self love is a challenge. It is a constant effort, but you know what? You’re worth it!
How many times do you wake up in the morning with negative thoughts running through your head? How many times a day do you second guess yourself? How many times to you look at someone else and compare yourself, or wish your reflection were a slight bit different?
“I’d be happy if…” No. Stop. You are enough. Your reflection is beautiful. Your heart and your soul…now that’s something special. Don’t change it. Any of it. Love yourself, and embrace all of those things that make you, YOU. Above all, be proud of that person staring back at you in the mirror.
Be it Valentine’s Day, it’s the perfect day to embace yo’self, because you’re oh so fabulous, and focus on these thoughts. Now, what can you do, to show yourself a little love? Here are a quick list of my favorite things.
- 1. Take a favorite workout class.
- 2. A day spent sketching fashion illustrations at a coffee shop that I love.
- 3. Treating myself to a manicure or pedicure.
- 4. Splurging on a new outfit or pair of shoes.
- 5. Watching movie by myself, in the theater. I love doing this, especially on rainy days.
- 6. A walk through Central Park, or stroll down Madison Avenue, while window shopping.
- 7. Meeting a girlfriend for brunch.
- 8. Sleeping in on a Sunday, although it’s rare.
- 9. Cooking and a movie (Which basically means that Grant cooks and I watch him). He’s great chef!
- 10. Last but not least, date night with Grant. It’s fun to hit the town with my favorite bud.
Now, whether you’re headed out solo, with your love, or soul sis; the question is, what to wear? I put together this fancy little beaded number (similar here), by Parker New York, and I love it! It’s silver, shimmery and oh-so-perfect for a night on the town. My favorite part about this dress? I love the simple neckline, as well as the long sleeves. It gives the silhouette a sophisticated look. Add strappy sandals, and you’re one and done. You could also pair this dress with black tights, pointed ankle boots, and leather moto jacket or black blazer for a more casual look. There are so many styling options with this piece.
For my face, I chose a smokey eye, mixing shades of silver and gray, and a bright right lip since I went completely glam with this look. I rocked some big hair, loose curls, and a whole lot of volume. I was able to achieve the extra volume, by parting my hair on the opposite side, teasing it, and securing the look with hairspray.
I hope that I’ve given you a few fancy ideas for your Valentine’s look, along with some positive vibes to keep your mind and heart happy. Remember, that you are most important in your life! Show yourself some love, and treat yourself with kindness this holiday. Sending you hugs and love, my Valentines! xx
- Parker New York: Sequined Dress (similar here)
- Jimmy Choo: Hester Ankle Strap Sandal
- Earrings: similar here
- Naked: Smokey Eye Palette
- Stila: Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick